I’ll be reading from the new book at the Rapid City, SD Public Library (610 Quincy St) on July 26th at 5:15 (Mountain Time). Come out!
I’ll also be at the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet on July 30th in Lynnwood, WA. The event is sold out, but if you have tickets, stop by my table and say “Hi.”
And if you’re somewhere else hoping for a reading, let me know, I love the road and love seeing different parts of the country.
Catch the latest episode of the Book of the Mouse Club podcast which features its first book of poetry with my At the Corner of Fantasy and Main! at Apple Podcasts (or wherever you get your podcasts).
Reading #1 is on Friday, June 10, 2022 from 7-8pm! Poetry book launch at the Florence Mill (9102 N 30th St, Omaha).
This is my 4th book of poetry, just released by The Old Mill Press: At the Corner of Fantasy and Main: Disneyland, Midlife and Churros. I will read from the new book as well as answer questions and autograph books. See more at the Facebook Event Page.
The books are now IN!
The ship transporting copies of At The Corner Of Fantasy And Main: Disneyland, Midlife And Churros has FINALLY been cleared to unload this Saturday at the Long Beach/San Pedro Port! There can still be delays, of course, but it’s moving. And I promise it’s worth the wait for those of you who pre-ordered!
To help pass the time, here is a sort-of B-Side. In my research, I found this quote by Krushchev when he wasn’t allowed to visit Disneyland in 1959 (and he was miffed!). I still haven’t written the poem for it:
“And I say, I would very much like to go and see Disneyland. But then, we cannot guarantee your security, they say. Then what must I do? Commit suicide? What is it? Is there an epidemic of cholera there or something? Or have gangsters taken hold of the place that can destroy me?”Nikita Khrushchev, 9/19/1959
I’m on the DLWeekly podcast today, with my interview starting at the 59:50 mark (after a deep dive into the week’s Disneyland news).
Herein, find out more about how when one starts writing a book they think is about Disneyland, they end up writing about a whole lot more. Plus, how it’s good to entertain the hosts so much that they order your book mid-interview.
Click here for the podcast:
As we wait for my book to get through the LA Port, I’m on a bunch of Disney podcasts the next few weeks… let’s get it started:
With today being the official release date for my new book, there’s a lot of press out now! The book may be delayed by supply chain issues, but it’s coming!
- You can catch a video interview with me at Phil Machi’s YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/tbveiIiVwqA
- There’s also a new interview up today on TheLaughingPlace.com
- And the Tishomingo, Mississippi Arts Council has a video where I read the opening poem from the book on Their Facebook Page!
Happy National Poetry Month! Come out and catch a reading if you can. I’ll be appearing at:
- 4/6, Noon-1:30pm at UNO in the Community Engagement Center room 209 for a reading, a writing workshop, and some time for Q&A.
- 4/7, 7pm: I read at the Lexington Public Library.
- 4/22, 7pm: I’m featuring at the North Platte Open Mic at the Espresso Shop (419 N Dewey St, North Platte).
- 4/23, Noon: I read at the North Platte Library (120 W 4th St, North Platte)
- 4/25, 6:30pm: I read at the Alliance Public Library (1750 Sweetwater Ave, Alliance).